Monday, May 2, 2011

The "All Clear"

Yep, that's all that really has to be said. And I knew it was coming, it was just a matter of how and when.

What a terrific opportunity! Well, several opportunities.

First, trust. The simple trust I was able to give to my Lord that He had a plan. I felt the perfect peace that could come only from Him. In the past I've needed my human "entourage" to give me strength and encouragement. There was simply no reason to have my sweet husband hold my hand through the "safety steps" which would have made him miss a wonderful conference in Florida. I was able to give myself over to my Father. He loves me so much!

Second, my Lord is the Great Physician. No one had to go in after anything! I still have a 1 1/2 by 1/2 inch 'lump' in there, but I have been assured it is nothing more than normal tissue. Because He made it that way.

Third, I don't think women share about these things enough. I think of the two dozen people who knew about all of this, at least a dozen have their own lump. Why don't we talk about such things - share the truth of what's really going on versus the 'soccer mom' stories (and I'm a 'soccer mom,' so get over any offense, please). I've spoken with so many women over the course of my short life who have had PPD, miscarriages, and now lumps, but no one talks about the things that matter. God gives us these things in life to allow us to encourage one another and build one another up. Is it pride? Is it vanity? I don't know.

Thankful!

1 comment:

  1. As one who has had her fair share of "those things in life," I will say from firsthand experience that not everyone is prepared for you to share what you've been through. Making new friends, particularly this year, has shown me that although people think they want to know, there are very few who are actually mature enough to hear it. Sadly, it's the judgmental, immature people that make me afraid to share again the struggles I have been through.

    However, I am NOT afraid to share this with people: "God has brought me through more than I ever thought I could survive."

    ReplyDelete